Monday, April 25, 2011

Little Shoes

The new drug suckitude continues here at Chez Chic.  This new medicine is a little decepticon.  I think the side effects are worse than what it's supposed to do, which I really don't think I've experienced the good effects yet.  Of course this was only the second day that I had all three doses.  A positive?  It's chewable!  Therein also lies another decepticon trait.  It starts out tasting okay and then BLECH!  Stupid deceptive drug.

Ahem.  Moving on.

Before continuing this post I would like to say I AM NOT PREGNANT.  Now that that's out of the way, look! 




Little shoes!  So precious.  So quick to make.  So going to make a pair of these for myself.  What?

Also I've started the major undertaking of sewing a new spring jacket.  I'm glad my mom will probably not read this until she gets back from Florida because she might faint.  I'm using a freaking pattern.  Ugh.  Terrible memories of home ec.  But hey, I consider it a learning process.  I'm even doing the unthinkable and making a muslin (body block, prototype, take your pick) before cutting into the final product.  I know people, this is unheard of for me.  Seriously.  Usually I just jump in and figure, "pff, how can I do this wrong?"

But when you're using awesome material for the finished product like this:






Sometimes this is where you start:





I know.  You're thinking hey!  Why are you making this twice.  In the words of a very sweet little girl.
"Because I want to!"  Also because I don't want to mess up.  Also because I've already done the alterations and I want to see if they're accurate.  Also because why not?

No comments: