Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Whatever. I Don't Need It Anyway

Greetings from the hospital.  I'd send you a postcard but the ones in the gift shop aren't that funny.

I was admitted yesterday after a diagnosis of pancreatitis.  I seriously hope you never, ever experience such pain.  The doctor switched me over to morphine for the pain today, but luckily I'm feeling better after a nice surgery that removed 20 gallstones from a duct that was blocking drainage from my pancreas.

I was also informed that my gallbladder needs to take a hike.  The sooner, the better!  I haven't eaten anything since Sunday which really isn't a big deal since I have no appetite.  What REALLY sucks is I can't drink anything either.  I still have to take my meds and I nearly cry with relief when I'm handed a tiny cup of water with which to take the pills.  The occasional cup of ice chips is also amazing.

I would not wish this on my worst enemy.  Much like MS it's something that can't be controlled. At least this time though it's hereditary on my mom's side.  Thanks for this, ancestors!

No comments: