Sunday, May 8, 2011

Oh She's Good

I was expecting to post pictures of the finished jacket today.  Progress has gone quickly which I contribute to making the prototype.  Doing so meant I actually knew what I was doing.  Here, check it out.

Collar, front, and top:






And the added bottom:





All I had left was to hem it, add the cuffs, collar and front facing and boom!  The end.  Well except for the buttons. 
I was golden.  Seriously.  I fully expected to have this puppy done today.

BUT!

My mom.  Oh that little minx.  Three days ago she uttered these six words; "are you going to line it?"  No!  No I wasn't going to line it!  I didn't need to!  The book never called for a lining so no.  No.  Lining.

But those six "innocently" uttered (I am so on to you mom) words ate away and rattled around in my head for three days.  And now?  I AM GOING TO LINE THE STUPID THING.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom.  Your powers of suggestion STILL work.

(Oh, and also?  I am on to you.  Nice try asking if I was going to line it then asking which fabric I'm using.  You know which fabric it is because YOU ASKED FOR ANY I HAVE LEFT OVER.  Ha!  Caught!  You're slipping, lady!  This is exactly the reason I started taking my new medication at night.  Dopey in my sleep?  Not a problem.  Dopey during the day?  I spontaneously burst into my Tim Wood laughing impression and nearly pass out from the giggles.  It's cool.  I doubt he reads this.)