Monday, July 2, 2012

By Design

One of my goals has been to design SOMETHING. Well, something wearable. I saw a shirt online that I liked but didn't because of various design elements. Isn't that always the way? You see the potential in an article of clothing but know it could be better. I decided to try and make something better. Right so I started making a shirt. I started with the sleeves.


 I'm going for the peasant blouse thing here, no biggie.  Well, yes biggie as in THESE ARE HUGE SLEEVES.  Here's Victoria modeling a more victorian sleeve.



Then I added in the shirt pieces, gathered the neck and voila!  Peasant blouse.


Oh, that's it you think?  Naah!  Now I'm taking this pattern further and making a dress.  I'm also going to try some funky dying on this white top.  Blank canvas people.  So much to muck up here.

No comments: