Thursday, May 31, 2012

My Eyes are Burning

Right, so I bought a pattern a while back to make a messenger bag.  I love messenger bags.  They're great for carrying messages.  It's like a throwback to the pony express only your bum doesn't get sore.

In picking out fabric for the bag, I wanted something durable.  Canvas to be exact.  Easy to clean!  Waterproof!  Stands up to the ripping out of mistakes!  As for the color, well, I wanted something that popped.  Yes I've succumbed to the fashion jargon and wanted that "pop" of color.  So I searched and came up with this.

Orange, people, orange!  Orange is a color I generally stay away from because I look like death when I wear it.  Yes, I've been told I 'just have to find the right shade' but every shade of orange is the shade of death on me.  But I figured I could get away with it for a bag.

So I have the bag part done, outer and inner.

Then I had to make two flaps.  Wha???  Why do I need TWO flaps?  I just need one to close the bag!  The instructions are a mystery to me but okay, here we go.


I'll figure out what the mysterious second flap is for.  Just like I'll figure out the mysterious small inside pocket and other weird bag secrets.  This is perplexing, yo.  I have to end this post now as the orange is searing my eyes again.  But, oddly, I love the combo.  Maybe that's another cognitive effect form MS-bad taste.


No comments: