Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Vanity Project: Done! Psych!

OCD.  I've never been diagnosed with it.  I doubt I have it.  But there are certain things that I can become obsessed with such as cleaning.  And organization.  And the vanity.  Hold me.

The painting finished, the vanity was moved upstairs.   I then spent two hours in Lowe's (I kid you not) picking out new drawer handles.  Here's the vanity table with a close up of the new handles.


I really like the new handles.  They fit the new glossy whiteness well.  What I hate?  The paint drips.  Sloppy.
Vanity table and storage system in place...
I added the mirror top.
Voila!  I says!  Look at the pertiness!  I says!  Look how well it fits in with the decor!


And then I revisited the long journey...





That got me to the end.

EXCEPT IT ISN'T THE END.

Because I couldn't stand the paint drips.  Because the stuff I put on the vanity was sticking to it.  Because the middle section of glass is so old it's permanently foggy.  Because perfection with my projects is mandatory preferable!!!

Lookit, there are many things I will try to do just to see if I can do them.  I find that I can.  Go team me.  Then I never do them again.  I guess it's more of a personal challenge thing or else chalk it up to the weirdness, but it's the truth.  I spent three days making croissants from scratch.  Then were buttery, flaky and delicious.  I was proud.  Haven't made them sense.  I made bagels from scratch complete with boiling them and throwing ice cubes in the stove so they steam.  Again, delicious, fun to make, never made them again.  Now, I would definitely refinish another piece of furniture but this one?  I got WAY too particular which I'll talk about in the last, I swear, post about the Vanity Project:  Mirror, Mirror on the table.  Why does replacing you COST MORE THAN MY INTERNET, PHONE AND CABLE???

No comments: