Monday, June 25, 2012

"Who's This?"

There are many types of stupid phone calls.  Telemarketers.  Hang ups.  Heavy breathers.  But to me the dumbest are from people who, when you answer, they ask, "who's this?" 

WHO DO YOU THINK THIS IS?  YOU CALLED ME, MORON!

The person doesn't ask if so-and-so is there.  It's just "who's this?"  LIKE I AM GOING TO TELL YOU.  Ugh.  I usually say, "you called me so you better know who 'this' is."  Then they usually hang up.  Sometimes they want to stay on the phone and talk longer, but no thanks.  Usually it's guys who try to pull that trick.  There are 900 numbers for that, jerk.

I'm posting this because I got such a call at 3:00 am this morning.  "Who's this?"  This is a person who would love to know who you are so the goon squad can pay a visit.

No comments: